Welcome to Baxter Elementary School!
Tammy Hoover, Principal
If your child does not participate in S.A.C.
If your child does not participate in School Age Care, please drop him or her off at 7:15 a.m. or later.
Teachers on bus duty are not required to attend before 7:15 a.m. Adults in the building before that time either:
- • have assigned duties and cannot watch children dropped off, or
- • are there on their own time in preparation for the school day.
To keep your children safe with adult supervision, please drop them off after 7:15 a.m.
School Supply Lists for 2013/14 are posted here.
Click here for the 2013 Fall the Parent Newsletter
Haga clic aquí para ver el Boletín de Padres de 2013 de Otoño.
- • November 20 1:00 p.m. - Children's book author David Sargent, Jr., will be in the gym. Students will have an opportunity to speak with the author, purchase selections, and have their titles autographed.
Children's Book Author David Sargent, Jr. with Spike, Tatum, Daphne and Emma.
- • November 21 Progress Reports
- • November 27-29 Holiday - Thanksgiving
- • December 20 10:00 AM Dismissal - End of 1st Semester
- • December 23 - January 3 Winter Break
- • January 6 Begin - SPRING 2014 Semester (FULL Instructional Day)
- • Alexandria Researcher http://22.214.171.124/researcher#_
- •The BES Hornets E-mail list keeps you up-to-date with reminders, upcoming events, etc.
To join, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include the following with your request: Parent Name and Student Name(s) and grade(s) and e-mail address.
If you are not receiving an e-mail, or know someone who isn't, please re-submit your address, parent name & student name.
We are excited to announce that the Online Enrollment Lookup Tool is now active for Putnam County Schools. An icon with a "button" has been placed on the PCSSTN home page to direct visitors to the online enrollment zone look-up tool. To access, go to the home page at http://www.pcsstn.com
Click on the "button" to be directed to the PCS enrollment zone look-up page. Enter your address and zip code and hit search. The tool will tell you what school your chiild is zoned for if they ride the bus to school.
Reminders from the principal:
- Do not drop children off in the gym (gravel) parking lot in the mornings.
You may park there and walk your child in to school.
The only drop off area is in the car rider area at the cafeteria end of the school.
It is entered by turing right on the gravel road past the school.
- If you come to eat lunch with your chid and bring a "fast food" lunch, do not eat in the cafeteria.
The cluster or picnic tables outside would be alternative locations.
Carbonated beverages are not permitted in the cafeteria either.
- On rainy days, please remember to leave home a little earlier as we are having an abundance of tardies on rainy days.